Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Paypal vs. EON Cyber

It took us months and almost a year before we were able to find a good read about the Unionbank EON Cyber account. So freelancer-bloggers out there, you have to read this...

1. Go to this Unionbank’s link and apply for an EON Cyberaccount online. The process in making your card will take 5 banking days. On the day you are to claim your card from your chosen Unionbank branch, make sure to bring photocopies (back to back) of 2 valid IDs, plus pay an annual fee of 350 pesos right then and there.

2. Activiation of your EON card will take 2 more banking days (sheeesh but what can we do). Then, make sure to check your card on a Unionbank ATM (change the pin if you want), plus deposit P100 to your account. This P100 will be needed to activate your card for Paypal.

3. Enroll your card to Unionbank’s online cyberaccount. This is required to make your card work in Paypal. The customer service said it will activate after 2 banking days before I could login.

4. Though I was unable to login in my EON cyberaccount that time, I was able to add my EON card to Paypal. And since I am unable to set a withdrawal limit (paypal rules) so I have to enroll my EON card to the Expanded Use Program. This is where the P100 you will be depositing comes in. The Expanded Use enrollment in Paypal is pretty simple but it will take 5 more banking days before you could avail of the required 4-digit number from Unionbank’s customer service.

No comments:

Dig Your Pocket